Saturday, October 9, 2010

Street Dogs Better Cared For... Than Street Children !!!!

Moving around on the streets the other day I had a small kid nudge me from the back as I was waiting on a traffic signal for the signal to go green. With distress written all over his face he raised  his hands to his mouth with fingers grouped together, very obviously he was trying to indicate that he was hungry!!! This is not the first occasion that I have met this scenario.. its a pretty common sight on Indian roads. But I don't know why, this time it was different. As I just stood there watching him, there was just one question in my mind that I just could not answer, and that was why ??? what did the poor kid do wrong to have to struggle so much to even  get one meal per day. What sin can it be that he is having to pay for ? and I am quite sure that at his age he doesn't even understands a 'sin' properly. May be that's what destiny is all about !!!!

I can't help but feel bad that the Almighty has chosen him for that kind of life, but logically I cannot make out why do we have the animal right's in place if we as a country are not able to preserve basic human rights for these poor kids. Streets dogs are been given sanitation when a kid who probably shares the same footpath with those dogs sleeps hungry. People are penalized for chopping off even one branch of a tree but a slap in a face to the kid when he begs to quench his hunger goes unnoticed.

I don't know who is to be blamed !!! I even don't know what best can I do !! but I do feel bad and every time I come across anything like this it stays in mind for a few days. So this blog is not for drawing any conclusions but just to shed off some weight from my heart and an opportunity to thank the Almighty to give me such a comfortable life.

No comments: